Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The New Guy

Yesterday was my first date with the new guy. And as much as I anticipated it I'm going to have to give it 3 out of 5 stars. First of all I got turned around trying to get to the restaurant. Then I couldn't find parking and I was now late. : ( So through all of that I managed to make my way to the restaurant. Well my date was sitting there outside waiting for me on his laptop (not a problem). I say hi. He barely looks up and continues to work on his laptop. Umm hello I am here so I just take a seat beside him until he's finished up. But now since I received this shady sort of response and unfriendly greeting (not even a smile) I turn shady. And my whole demeanor and attitude changed. I wasn't nasty I was just quiet. He immediately sensed that something was wrong and proceeded to question me about it. I didn't even want to get into it so I said nothing and smiled. As I'm looking at the menu I look up to ask him something and he's not there. So I'm thinking wtf. The waitress then comes over and asks if there are 2 of us and I look confused because Idk where my date went. But then he returns and doesn't say anything. At this point I'm just like let me let the shadiness go. This is the first date let's see what happens. So then he starts to question me again about my "malfunction" as he called it. My attitude. My shadiness. Whatever. So I begin telling him that I just gave back what I got. And he explains that he was doing work and couldn't just stop. So I say okay that's understandable. The rest of the night is okay with some forced conversation but we manage. After dinner we go to talk and he brings back up the beginning of the date. So I break it down to him and explain that he wasn't very friendly when I walked up and that he didn't even acknowledge my presence. He tried to come back by saying that if I had walked up on my cell I probably would've done the same. I explained to him that I wouldn't because I would've at least smiled, acknowledged him and held my finger up to let him know to wait a sec. So then he understood and agreed that he could've been better. And then he apologized. So after that the night was quite smooth. I'm glad that we cleared that up. But this guy is a lot more serious than most guys I date. So right now I'm on the fence but I'll give it another shot and see where this leads. But strangely enough the newbie has me thinking about the previous ex. That's another story.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait a minute, the brother was working when you arrived to your date and you are complaining. Half of the brothers out here are not even working. LOL!!! Sike I am just playing, but you know I had to put it out there. ;-)
As for your date, it seems like you ended on a positive note. Don't judge the brother just yet. Give him another opportunity to prove himself. Until the next date.....