Monday, June 30, 2008

The Friendly Date or is it Outing????



So Friday night wasn't exactly what I expected. But it was nice nonetheless. A friend of mine invited me out with him and I'm so grateful that he came to get me (gas prices are KILLING me). Anyway we went out to a nice lil lounge to celebrate a friends birthday. We didn't stay long and I had a killer headache (the camera flashes were NOT helping) but I could tell that maybe my friend had a lil more on the mind. Being the person that I am I quickly shut down any thoughts that he may have been having. He even threw in a comment you should've brought an overnight bag. Umm no buddy I don't think so. I mean we're cool and we used to date a year or so ago but now we're just friends or at least I think so. Maybe he thinks there's more to it or maybe I was just looking like a goddess (lol). He did say several times through the night that he was SO happy to see me and I looked great. Well thanks and I really did appreciate the first few times but after awhile its just like Ok. Am I wrong for thinking that? Oh well. Our outing just started feeling slightly awkward. I think we were just on 2 different pages. But no bad feelings. At the end I think he wanted to go in for a kiss but I quickly gave my cheek. I'm not trying to lead anyone on. Overall I am glad I was able to see and hang out with an old friend. And I still didn't see Wanted. But at least I did some good shopping. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one thing I don't miss about dating. The thing is, if you tell them straight up that nothing will happen past dinner, then it's like forget it. Then, don't let them pay for anything because that will really get in their feelings if you say no. So I would just always meet them at a spot, pay for my own festivities and that way when I'm out, I'm out.